WHY USE BIRCH FOR CHILDREN'S FURNITURE?
BIRCH IS STRONG, BEAUTIFUL, AND DURABLE.
Plyhome furniture is made from 18mm European Birch plywood and is available in seven finishes:
- Natural (clear coat on top of the birch)
- Lava, Pebble, or Toffee (water-based stain with a water-based clear topcoat)
- Birch with matte white, matte black, or smoky olive high pressure laminate (HPL), which showcases the unique birch edge (unbeaten for its quality clean lines, this natural design feature has nothing to hide).
All options are highly durable, and samples are available on request.
The wish-list we had when selecting our timber was brutal. You can read all about why the plywood we use is such a stand-out performer here. Scroll down to understand why it makes such a sensible choice for your kids and your home.
BIRCH IS CERTIFIED NON-TOXIC
Made from European Birch plywood from an FSC Certified mill using sustainable timbers, ISO 9001 certified and FSC-STD-40-004, Attestation Emmission Class E1, Complies with CARB Phase 2 and TSCA Title VI. That’s a whole bunch of science talk to basically say: "you can rest easy knowing that your kids are surrounded by a material that’s safe and produced in an environmentally friendly way."
BIRCH IS TOUGH
Performance is what it’s all about. Our designs feature 18mm European birch, admired for its superior strength and reliability.
By the way, if your kid truly does possess superhero strength and manages (by some miracle) to damage it - you can contact us for a quote to repair.
BIRCH HAS A SUBTLE FINE GRAIN AND NEUTRAL TONE
Appearance counts too. Birch looks right at home in both contemporary and traditional homes without taking over from the overall look of a room.
Let your inner interior designer run wild with whichever look you’re going for and the Plyhome furniture will happily play a stylish, but subtle, background role.
SEVEN FINISHES AVALIABLE
- Water-based clear coating to show the natural birch grain; Or
- Water-based stain in three colourways on both the surface faces and detailed edge: ‘Lava’ (nearly black), ‘Pebble’ (light grey), and ‘Toffee’ (mid-brown). Stained options also have an additional protective water based clear coat on top of the stain; Or
- High Performance Laminate (HPL) on top of the birch for extra durability. Available in three colourways: ‘Matte White’, ‘Matte Black’ and ‘Smokey Olive’ (mid-grey). The HPL covers the surface faces of the birch timber only, the ply edges still show.
WATER RESISTANT AND KID FRIENDLY:
All surfaces are sealed with a water-based protective layer. This is handy if your kids are like ours and leave questionable fingerprints on everything.