Plyhome Toddler Bed
Just for the preschoolers, this is the best little toddler bed available in NZ, sized to fit a standard NZ cot mattress. A beautiful item of furniture with well thought out features, the Plyhome Toddler Bed is ideal for easing kids into their first proper bed and perfect for homes with limited floor space in the kid's room. The Plyhome toddler bed will last them until at least 4 and a half yrs old.
- Flexi guardrail: Provides a sense of security and gently supports little kids learning to sleep in a bed (anything that avoids a broken night’s sleep is a really, really great thing!).
- Lower to the ground: Kids can't wait to climb up on this bed, which - when you're trying to get them to love their big kid's bed, is a really big deal. It also encourages pre-schooler independence getting in and out bed on their own. Because the night they achieve an unaided night-time bathroom visit is a big deal for everyone's sleep.
- Super strong: We tried really hard to break this bed in weight tolerance testing, but ran out of weights close to 500kg. So an adult reading bedtime stories is AOK. Either squeeze in with them, or sit on the edge. Trust us! It's definitely strong enough. Most kids furniture isn't and this is one of the Plyhome differences.
- Lightweight enough for easy moving - whether for vacuuming, or for those of us who love to change rooms around.
- Quick, simple assembly/disassembly: Flat-pack: just not as you know it. No screws, no bolts, no Allen keys, no frustrating instructions. Assembly so easy that you can get the kids to make their own bed. Literally. If you’re moving houses, you’ll really love it! No fiddly parts to lose, no disassembly and re-assembly missions. No flat-pack related relationship 'discussions'. You’ll have it sorted in minutes. Beautiful made simple.
- Easy clean: The completely smooth finish is easily wiped clean. Because you know: kids are gross.
- Lock-in flexi slats: For mattress ventilation but also stability & care of those growing backs. Nothing but the best for Plyhome kids!
- Unique leg design: Great to look at, but also for the practical benefit of easy under-bed floor cleaning. Designed for Asthma kids but actually, it’s healthy for everyone. Because, let’s all just admit it: sometimes we don’t completely shift the furniture around for vacuuming.
- 2 finishes available: natural (clear coat) on birch, or birch with a white High Performance Laminate (HPL) on top (surface faces only, the ply edges still show) for extra durability.
- Shipping included.
Made from European Birch plywood: FSC Certified, CARB Executive Order N-16-075, Attestation Emmission Class E1, ISO 9001:2008. That’s a whole bunch of science talk to basically say you can rest easy knowing that your kids are surrounded by a material that’s safe and produced in an environmentally friendly way.
All surfaces are sealed with a water-resistant kid-friendly finish (AKA, a protective layer if your kids are like ours and leave questionable fingerprints on everything).
Water and a soft cleaning cloth is the most you’ll normally need, but for majors (they happen!), almost all normal household cleaning products or disinfectants are fine - as long as they are not abrasive or highly alkaline. Any doubts, just contact us and we’ll be happy to advise.
Plyhome is designed to take the knocks with an extremely hard wearing surface, but if your kids really do a number on it and somehow manage to scratch/ding it, the great news is that a repair is possible and because it’s so easy to disassemble, you can send the damaged panel to us, we can repair then return to you. Just contact us for a quote.
Assembled Dimensions: 1,368mm Length x 734mm Width x 330mm Height (to top of footer) / 500mm Height (to top of header). Designed to fit a standard NZ sized cot mattress (1,300mm L x 690mm W. Recommended mattress height 150mm).